Entertainment | News | Celebrity Lifestyles | Nigerian Movie Stars | African Celebrities | Afro American Celebrities | Celebrity Hairstyles | Celebrity Marriages | Gossips and Breakups | Movies and Musicals | Breaking News and More | Nigerian Movies | Youtube Yoruba Movies | Naija Music | World Richest Celebrities

Apr 19, 2009

Keri Hilson's New Album


Keri Hilson On New Album:

In A Perfect World
- Keri Hilson was pictured at the Radio WGCI Coca Cola Lounge in Chicago last night.Hilson talked to The Associated Press today about her new album “In a Perfect World …” and writing songs for Mary J. Blige, Britney Spears,and Omarion.


Being that you’ve written songs for others, how was it different writing for your own album?

I guess for myself I can be a little less inhibited. I don’t have to wonder and guess or assume how I feel about a certain situation – I know what it is that I want to say, so it doesn’t have to pass inspection

How did the delays for the album’s release affect the music?

In the interim while you’re trying to choose tracks, things do get kind of shuffled around. It’s a good thing because it allows you to listen to records a little longer and live with them, and you’re not making rush decisions trying to hurry up and close the album.

Was there any fear you could get stuck being a songwriter only?

Although I was content, I was a little unfulfilled that I wasn’t performing as well. So I didn’t pursue the artist thing after groups I was in disbanded, I just didn’t. I kind of always knew it would come back around, the chance and the opportunity would reach me and that I would be ready.